While the auto policy is very comprehensive there are a few scenarios that could cause a claim denial.
- Filing a fraudulent claim
- Filing a claim under coverage you do not have(For example: If you hit a deer you would need comprehensive coverage, if that is not on the policy, it would create a claim denial)
- Increasing the value on your vehicle via upgrades without telling your insurance company may mean that the vehicle damages will not be covered at full value
- Filing a claim for a loss not included on your policy, such as business use
- Not paying your premium and letting your insurance lapse