- Choose a home in a nice area and safe community. Make sure that you choose a home with low crime ratings which are published and near law enforcement.
- Secure your home by getting a dog or a home alarm system.
- Spend the money when you are going out of town to get a house sitter. Have your mail put on hold, ask a neighbor to park in your driveway.
- Keep your car remote in your pocket or on your nightstand. The panic button can be a good tool as a loud noise to scare someone away. Keep a first aid and emergency road kit in the trunk on vehicle safety.
- Get a conceal permit for a weapon. Take classes, train at a range, take safety classes and decide if this is a good decision for your family.
- Establish safety fire escapes and meeting locations with your family.
- Put a GPS app on your phone for locating purposes.
Here are just a few personal safety tips to keep you and your family safe.