Buying the best booster seat for your child can be very confusing. IIHS(Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) started rating booster seats six years ago to help with the process.
Highlighted below are the “BEST BET”, top rated, boosters which start at about $25.00 and go up to $370. This depends on latch capability and different features.
The BEST BET booster looks at belt lines to make sure that it lies flat across the child’s upper thighs and crosses snugly over the middle shoulder. They are correctly positioned for any car, minivan or SUV and are designed for children between 4-8 years old.
Check out 2014’s stop 27 list for BEST BET child booster seats.
- Baby Trend Hybrid 3-in-1 (backless mode)
- Baby Trend Hybrid No Back (backless)
- Britax Frontier 90 (highback)
- Britax Pinnacle 90 (highback)
- Britax Pioneer 70 (highback)
- BubbleBum Neon (backless)
- Cybex Solution X-Fix (highback)
- Diono Solana (backless)
- Dream On Me Turbo Booster (highback mode)
- Eddie Bauer Deluxe Belt-Positioning Booster (highback mode)
- Eddie Bauer Deluxe Highback 65 (highback)
- Evenflo Chase (highback)
- Evenflo Symphony 65 (highback)
- Graco Argos 80 Elite 3-in-1 (backless mode)
- Graco Argos 80 Elite 3-in-1 (highback mode)
- Graco 4Ever All-in-1 (backless mode)
- Graco 4Ever All-in-1 (highback mode)
- Graco Milestone All-in-1 (highback)
- Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 with Safety Surround (highback mode)
- Kids Embrace Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle (highback)
- Maxi-Cosi Rodi AP (highback mode)
- Maxi-Cosi RodiFix (highback)
- Peg Perego Viaggio HBB 120 (highback mode)
- Recaro Performance Booster (highback)
- Safety 1st Store ‘n Go (highback mode)
- Safety 1st Store ‘n Go No-Back (backless)
- Safety 1st Summit 65 (highback)